Bass Facts – Edwin Evers Q&A with Mark Sexton, a 20+ year Berkley Fishery Biologist
This Project E episode blew my mind! Berkley fishery biologist, Mark Sexton shares his scientific knowledge of bass and fishing with Bass Pro Edwin Evers and us.
- Why green pumpkin is the best color for bass soft plastic lures?
- How to target largemouth on a bluegill/perch fishery vs a shad based fishery?
- How do you fish a jig worm?
- What is the difference between a shakey head and a jig worm?
- What colors bass can bass tell the difference between?
- What colors do bass see the best?
- Can bass see UV colored baits?
- Do the same scents work for different species of fish?
- How far can bass hear underwater?
- What boat activity will do to bass?
- How to bass detect current?
- How far can bass feel vibrations underwater?
- How is bass vision different than human vision?
- What is a bass’s memory?
- Do fish remember negative experiences (like getting caught)?
- Did you know bass can identify the individual fish in their school by smell?